Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pure inspiration

I love taking time to watch many of the presentations from the annual TED talks. As I watched this one, I found myself inspired and doing that brain talk about how so many points relate to childbirth education and our role as "conductors."

It's a long clip, so watch when you have time not to be distracted. Let me know what you think. Do you look at the current level of cb class enrollment as a burden or an opportunity? Do you watch for shining eyes? Do you keep them engaged by telling the story behind the information you are sharing? Do you "single cheek play" your classes? He convinced me I am not tone deaf, even though I have felt that way since the 5th grade. How do we convince people in our classes they can birth although they have been told they can't in many ways?

1 comment:

  1. He gave ME shinny eyes! :) I believe that you, Teri, can rest assured that you make an insane number of eyes shine too.
    I try and entertain, I inform, I make my students think, but do I make their eyes shine? Perhaps my passion has been weakened by the autopilot I find myself on some weeks... New goal: Shiny eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete