Friday, February 13, 2009

Passion for Birth TM


I am so proud! As many of you know, I am a DIY (Do It Yourself) type person. I jokingly call myself "cheap Teri" when in reality I am more cost effective/efficient. (my credit card balance speaks to the fact that I am not cheap!) So awhile ago I decided to trademark Passion for Birth. I made an appointment with a lawyer and while talking about what Passion for Birth is, he shared that he was really pro-cesarean because he felt doctors get sued for NOT doing a cesarean and never (rarely) get sued for doing one. Needless to say I didn't think we were a good match for legal guidance.

So then I decided to see: "how hard can this be?" The web is amazing and after looking at a few sites that would help shuffle my paperwork through for a significant fee, I decided to give it a go myself. And as long as you're patient and thorough, it worked! My gold embossed certificate arrived and I can now say that Passion for Birth is trademarked! Pop that champagne bottle! I was assigned a trademark lawyer in Louisiana who reviewed my application, guided me wisely and I am grateful!

So now if I can just figure out how to add that little tm circle, I will be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment